Monday, December 5, 2016

Blogger of the Month~ December


Hello everyone! It's another new month and with that comes a new "Blogger of the Month."
This will consist of a post that includes an interview with the chosen blogger, along with featuring them in my sidebar for that entire month.  It was a new feature I started on my blog in April (Refer HERE if you would like to see the original post & if you would like to be apart of this as a blogger).


November's Blogger is Stephanie from Ohana Reads



Hey! I'm Stephanie Ehmann. I am all around book nerd, books are my calling. Being a book junkie, I always travel with a book on me. It doesn't matter where I go, school, work, vacation, a book is always by my side. And when I have a moment, I am always reading.

One day I would like to be work in the book publishing industry, but for now I spend my time running my blog, as well as reading and hanging out with booknerds like Sabrina!

Connect with Stephanie on:



~Interview Time~

Sabrina: **Stands up to shake hands** Hello Steph! It is a so awesome to have you as my December blogger of the month!
Steph: Well thank you for having me, it’s an honour to have been selected as your Blogger of the Month!

Sabrina: How about we start off this interview by you telling us a little bit about yourself?--Such as your likes and interests.
Steph: I’m 18 years old, living in Canada, and I’m currently going to school to one day work in the publishing industry. When I’m not at school or working, I enjoy hanging out with my friends, reading and catching up on some of my favourite TV shows. A few of my favourites being any of The CW DC shows (The Flash, Super Girl, etc.) and Jane the Virgin.
Sabrina: Since this is an interview focused on your blog and blogging experiences, how did you decide that you wanted to start up book blogging?
Steph: I first started blogging to practice my writing skills, I had originally wanted to write a novel (and still do), but could never push myself to actually start writing. I never thought my writing was good enough. So I started my blog as practice, as you can tell, it’s become something so much greater than that.
Sabrina: Which five blogs to you actively enjoy visiting and checking up on their posts?
Steph: I usually switch things up when I blog hop, but you can usually find me checking out these 5 blogs more frequently than others:

Sabrina: What is your favourite post to write and share?
Steph: I really like posting reviews, the layout is the same for all of my reviews, so it’s always easy to put them together. Actually writing the review is another story.
Sabrina: How long have you been blogging and apart of the bookish community?
Steph: Coming up in January, I’ve been blogging for 3 years. I’m currently putting together my blogiversary post! For the bookish community, I want to say I’ve been apart of it for at least 4-5 years now. Mostly just having had made some bookish friends online, and talking with them all the time!
Sabrina: What has been your favourite book related Con to attend?
Steph:  So far I’ve been to 3 book related cons, YALLFest 2014, BEA 2016 and BookCon 2016. BEA 2016 was definitely my favorite considering I was able to meet most of my blogger friends from online and was able to receive a lot of anticipated ARCs that I’d been looking forward too. YALLFest and Book Con were also great conventions, but because they were open to the public, they tended to be crazy packed.
Sabrina: Who is one of your autobuy authors and why?
Steph: Sarah J. Maas is my most recent autobuy, her writing and characters play with my heart and I find myself crying most of the time when I’m reading/thinking one of her books. LOL, Crying is always expected with her writing.
Sabrina: Who are a couple of  book blogger you have since connected with because of starting your book blog?
Steph: Stephanie from Doodle’s Book Reviews is the first person that always pops into my head when I get asked this question, she’s actually one of my bestest friends. With her living in the US, and I, Canada. I’ve only met her once, but good gosh that one week had enough memories to last a lifetime.
Sabrina: What 2017 ARC book are you eagerly awaiting to have the rest of the world read once it releases?
Steph: I’m 99.9% sure that there won’t be any ARCs for this book, but my most anticipated release for 2017 is the third A Court of Thorns and Roses book by Sarah J. Maas. Otherwise ARC wise, I’m very excited to read Hunted by Megan Spooner, and The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye!
Sabrina: What is one random thing about yourself that you wish to share? Kind of like a hidden talent.
Steph:  I don’t know about a hidden talent, but one random thing that only people who know me in person know, is that I’m deathly afraid of mascots. Like those giant costumes that you see at sports events or at Disney Land. My friends have a few videos of me screaming and running away. Ooops.

Sabrina: It’s been a pleasure interviewing you Steph! I’d like to thank you for joining me on my blog and being this month’s “Blogger of the Month”. I look forward to seeing your future posts!
Steph: Thanks for having me, lovely! I look forward to reading your future posts as well!

No comments: