Monday, August 29, 2016

ARC Review~ Seven Ways We Lie


~Quick 5 point Review~

Seven perfect points of view


Diversity


Main plot with side stories


Multiply definitive main characters


Well composed, and not too fast paced




~About the Book~

Title: Seven Ways We Lie
Author: Riley Redgate
Publisher: ABRAMS
Publication Date: March 8th, 2016
Format: eARC 
Source: Via Netgalley from the Publisher 
Description: Paloma High School is ordinary by anyone’s standards. It’s got the same cliques, the same prejudices, the same suspect cafeteria food. And like every high school, every student has something to hide—from Kat, the thespian who conceals her trust issues onstage, to Valentine, the neurotic genius who’s planted the seed of a school scandal.

When that scandal bubbles over, and rumors of a teacher-student affair surface, everyone starts hunting for someone to blame. For the seven unlikely allies at the heart of it all, the collision of their seven ordinary-seeming lives results in extraordinary change.

**Disclaimer: I received a review copy from the publisher in order to give my honest review of this book. This does not effect nor influence my opinions about the book in any which way**

~Review~

Something about the idea of this book first intrigued me when I requested it. I had many high hopes for this book, and I will say that in my opinion it totally succeeded. The story line was there and the atmosphere showed throughout as well. Overall the story was really well put together. 

I liked that there was a general story line that the book seemed to stick too. The idea that throughout Paloma High, a scandalous rumor outbreaks. This was the main plot, because throughout the entire story they are trying to get to the bottom of it. Also the characters and school setting keeps referring back to it.  However as this is going on I as a reader get to see 7 individual story's take place as well. Each character played a role within the main plot, however each one got their own little path with decisions as well. The story was never hard to follow, nor do I think that the general meaning of this story was ever lost. The added little plot lines helped with the progress of Seven Ways We Lie.

Another aspect that sold me was the multiply point of views. Okay, I mean if I am being honest I will say that at first I was really worried. Usually I love multiply Point of Views, but I like them with only having two or three, but this book had seven. Seven different characters to tell a story can get confusing and the writer could get lost and us readers may not be able to tell the difference between characters. However that was not the case at all, each character had a definitive voice and reason. Each character was also very unique as well. Another thing I was worried about was that with the seven point of views we would lose the meaning of the story as well, but that was also not the case. Overall Redgate did a brilliant job at executing her characters as individuals and as a whole in the general plot.

All in all this book was put together and executed quite well. The story and enticing plot was there. The setting and atmosphere were both well established. The characters all had their shinning moments, not only from their own point of views but also in the generally story line as well. Overall I would highly recommend this book to those who love contemporary novels, I may caution those who don't like multiply point of views, since there are seven, but other then that this book was extravagant.

Will you be adding this book to your TBR? Have you already read this book? 

No comments: