Friday, July 3, 2015

The Heir by Kiera Cass


The Heir by Kiera Cass deserves a 8.9 out of 10 

"Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long ...more"

This book kept me on my toes that's for sure. I loved a lot of things about this book, but there were things I didn't quite enjoy all that much.

The things I loved included the premise of the storyline, along with a lot of the characters. 

The things I loved about the storyline would have to be the whole changing the rules and having a girl to be the ruler or Illea. I liked that it was mentioned that Maxon and America immediately changed the rule so their first born could not be deprived of her ruling. I also liked how much Illea had changed since The One to The Heir. Also it was interesting to see The Selection through the eyes of the chooser rather than the participate. 



Now some of the characters hit my heart, and I loved it! Whereas some characters left an unpleasant feeling, that I hope can be improved in the fifth. I think the character I loved the most was Kile Woodwork. He was Eadlyn's most hated person at first, but I loved the way there relationship develops. I also loved he attitude towards things along with his general comments. It made him quite the entertaining character to read about. I in particular didn't care much for Eadlyn unfortunately. It's not like I hated her, however I didn't like how selfish and obnoxious she was at times. I don't want to hate her so I hope in the fifth, and final book my opinion can change about her. 

The ending threw my off a bit. I found myself crying, then I got past the crying, and then for the last final 3 pages of the book I was crying all over again. This book ended in a cliff hanger... and let me tell you it was definitely a big cliff hanger. I wish Keira would have given the last scene more pages, and not thrust that idea upon us within the final paragraphs. However, she did accomplish me longing for book 5. 

All in all I would suggest this book to the people who read all about America and Maxon's love story in books 1 through 3 and I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: